Saturday, October 24, 2015

Update and trivia

Those of you who have been following the blog for a while know that the book project has been way over the word limit for a long time and that I have been working since early summer (going through the manuscript several times) to get the manuscript closer to the appropriate word count. Getting each of the five main chapters at or under 20,000 words has been the main goal.

While on my writing retreat in Chicago, I was able to get both chapters 1 and 2 to ~19,700 words. 

Today I am pleased to report that I have revised chapter 3 again and that it is now ~19,400 words. 

Now on to chapter 4, which currently is 20,438 (chapter 5, though, is still close to 23,000).

Also, some trivia: Today I checked to see from which countries the most visits to this blog come. Here is the top seven (all time) since I began the blog in December 2013:

  1. United States
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Ukraine
  4. France
  5. Russia
  6. China
  7. Germany
Canada just missed the cut, with Poland sneaking up as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Second expanded edition: What Are They Saying About the Parables? (Chapter 6, Part 6): Willi Braun and Luke 14's Great Dinner

  Willi Braun’s study of the parable of the Great Dinner in Luke 14:16–24 also exhibits the productive nature of Hellenistic-Roman comparati...