Sunday, February 7, 2016

Finished! (with a caveat) and what's up next (Parables in Islamic Literature)

Rembrandt, The Return of the Prodigal Son

I have finished proofing and editing the final copy of the manuscript. It is ready to send off to Baker Academic, which I will do tomorrow (Monday) morning.

This afternoon I will restart the process of obtain digital images of the works of art I want to include in the book, as well as obtaining permissions for them. I also need to obtain permissions for the poetry, music, and film I quote in the book.

Tomorrow morning I will also start a series on parables in Islamic literature. I will focus on the parable of the Workers in the Vineyard and the interpretation found in the Sahih al-Bukhari.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parables and Their Social Contexts: "Peasant" Readings/Hearings (Douglas Oakman)

  More excerpts from chapter 7 of the revised and expanded edition of  What are They Saying about the Parables?   Ancient Economies:  "...