Thursday, April 12, 2018

Cover of New Howard Thurman Book on Parables of Jesus

So proud and honored to be associated with this project and with Orbis Books (who asks me to remind everyone that the book will appear in August, 2018, and that you cannot order it yet).  




Thurman is such an impressive human being. I used his book, Jesus and the Disinherited, this semester in my Ethics of Jesus course, and the book still really speaks to students ~70 years later.

My thanks also to Kipton Jensen, my co-editor. The project was his idea, and it became a labor of love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parables and Their Social Contexts: "Peasant" Readings/Hearings (Douglas Oakman)

  More excerpts from chapter 7 of the revised and expanded edition of  What are They Saying about the Parables?   Ancient Economies:  "...