Thursday, April 12, 2018

New Howard Thurman Parables Book arrives in August!

I will soon return to the topic of Roger Williams, religious liberty, the separation of church and state, and the parable of the wheat and tares in future posts, but I wanted to give an update on our (= Kipton Jensen and me) forthcoming book with Orbis Books: Howard Thurman: Sermons on the Parables.

Orbis is not taking orders yet on this book; it's not even available on Amazon to pre-order yet--although The Parables After Jesus is!--but it will be published in August.

Kipton and I sent corrected proofs back to Orbis a couple weeks ago:






Later today I will try to post a photo of the proposed cover, but here is the manuscript (proof-stage) title page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Parables and Their Social Contexts: "Peasant" Readings/Hearings (Douglas Oakman)

  More excerpts from chapter 7 of the revised and expanded edition of  What are They Saying about the Parables?   Ancient Economies:  "...